Wednesday, March 28, 2012

St. Patty's Cupcakes

About a month ago I found these great edible cupcake toppers at Party City:


I knew what I needed to do. I gathered the troops:


Buttercream icing, Duncan Hines "frosting creations" flavor mix, and, of course, the cupcakes. I made Devil's Food in orange foil wrappers.

What I was most excited about (besides the tiny beer mugs, of course) was the flavor mix! I'd never seen this before--it was only because I needed to buy cake mix that I even went to the baking aisle of A&P (usually I go to Shop Rite, or Orange Farm Market, but this was last-minute and my brothers happened to be going to a plaza that had an A&P in it). Well I was thinking of making mint or at least dyed-green icing, but this was BOTH.

Perfect! All you do is buy a can of icing, stick a knife in the center and try to create a hole (I say "try" because it was impossible for me to make a hole. It was more like a small depression). You pour the entire packet in (it's a small packet but it still seems like a lot) and stir, stir, stir.

Mmm.

I iced all the cupcakes and put the little beers on top, and they were all ready to go for work :) They tasted pretty good, too!

Hope you had a happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment