Sunday, June 12, 2016

Finding Dory Cupcakes!

Not only have I been super excited for the release of Finding Dory--it also happens to coincide with my last day at my current job!  I'm moving from New York to Florida for a Kindergarten teaching position at the same school where my brother teaches 1st grade!  So, to celebrate, I decided to make Finding Dory cupcakes (which are basically just Finding Nemo cupcakes... but with an emphasis on Dory)!

Lemon cake--YUM!

                                   

I had to use a lot more blue food dye than I thought to make this cream cheese icing blue!

As is my custom, I went shopping at Fuzziwigs Candy Company for all my candy decorations!

I started with a mix of blue raspberry Pop Rocks and chocolate chip rocks!

I crushed graham crackers (in a bag, on the floor, with my foot) as sand!

Then came 4 batches of melting chocolates (my least favorite part).  I mean, what came from them is my favorite part, but the process of melting them and then the cleanup is what I can do without!  This color reminded me of the Yankees!

I put it in a Zipoc bag and had WAY more than I needed to make all the Dorys so I had fun and made some E's (for Elyse) just to see if they would work sitting on a cupcake, too!

I had drawn my shape idea on the back of this parchment paper, then started doing it freehand.  I was really excited for the Nemos and Marlins!

Then came yellow!  (I'm glad I had just done my nails!)

Dory!

Nemo, Marlin (you decide which is which), Bubbles, waves, starfish...

Then I put these in the fridge on a cookie sheet and went to bed!  Sometimes cupcake baking and decorating is just plain exhausting.  I'm glad I gave this project 2 days--it was so much easier and quicker the next night (I was doing this all after work, which lets me out at 5).


                             

The graham cracker sand just wasn't as colorful as the pebbles!

Yes, so all I had to do that night was just stick in all my decorations!

Various gummies


Edible pearls and white M&Ms

   

                              





There you have it!  Blue icing, Pop Rocks and chocolate rocks, melting chocolate, and some gummies!  (They were delicious by the way!)  




1 comment: