Saturday, December 5, 2009

Magnolia for the Holidays

My friends and I went to see the Tim Burton exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art yesterday and, since we were in the area, we saw the tree at Rockefeller Center and got cupcakes from Magnolia. Here's the tree:


and this time I took more pictures of Magnolia Bakery:


above, pretty signage; below, mixers at the window!

Magnolia has more than cupcakes! Apple crisps, lemon cake, pecan and pumpkin pie!


They had some nice hanging decorations for the holidays (above). They usually sell adorable aprons, and they also have a cute holiday apron (below)!
Oh! Time to order cupcakes!
Remember in my first post about Magnolia when I said I thought their red velvet cupcakes were called Rockette Red Velvet Cupcakes? And then they weren't? Well they are again! I guess it's just a holiday thing. Anyway, I bought 2, and they are ADORABLE:
The chocolates are Rockette toy soldiers!!


The inside was just as red as a Coca Cola truck:

Here is a picture of the real Rockettes presenting the cupcakes (thanks Kim)!

The cupcakes were delicious, as usual. We also bought a pumpkin cupcake and a gingerbread cupcake... the pumpkin had great frosting, and the gingerbread was amazing altogether.

I have another cupcake project in the works--bought the candy for it and everything! Now I just need the time! Hopefully it'll be my next post!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment